Our Brisbane and Gold Coast commercial litigation team are experienced in all aspects of Body Corporate Disputes.
Our team of experienced Body Corporate lawyers regularly act in large and complex disputes arising in Body Corporates in South-East Queensland.
The Gold Coast, Brisbane and Sunshine Coast are home to a large number of community titles schemes, including small schemes (up to 6 lots) and large residential, commercial and retail bodies corporate. Unfortunately, many disputes arise in the administration of body corporates, including disputes amongst committee members, disputes with lot owners or third party contractors such as onsite managers and caretakers.
We have proven experience in acting for all parties in body corporate disputes. We are well placed to provide immediate and direct advice in relation to all body corporate disputes.
We regularly advise and act in relation to:
- Body Corporate by-law interpretation, disputes and enforcement;
- Contractual disputes between the Body Corporate and third parties including on-site managers, caretakers and administrators;
- Defamation of committee members or lot owners arising from Body Corporate matters;
- Governance and compliance with the Body Corporate and Community Management Act 1997 and the Building Units and Group Titles Act 1980;
- Appointment of administrators to the Body Corporate;
- Adjudication applications to the Commissioner’s office for all matters under the Act and Regulation Modules;
- Conciliation and dispute resolution; and
- Debt recovery on behalf of the Body Corporate against lot owners and third party contractors, including recovery of the Body Corporate’s legal fees.
Our Lawyers specialising in Litigation
Get started today
Meet with our team of experienced litigation lawyers on the Gold Coast or in Brisbane to gain clarity and guidance on your next steps.
Book your obligation free consultation today.