Brodie has been practising in commercial litigation and dispute resolution since 2019 and has obtained experience in commercial lease disputes, debt recovery, defamation, property law, consumer law and body corporate disputes, among other areas.
Brodie delivers practical, no-nonsense advice to his clients, and insists on adopting a ‘how would I want my solicitor to communicate with me if I were in the client’s position?’ approach to each of his matters. He believes that the client should be in control of their litigation and prefers to involve them in the making of decisions which affect their interests, including by providing to them timely advice on their options, and ensuring he is promptly available to discuss concerns and queries.
Brodie’s role in litigation is to assume the responsibility for his clients’ cases, easing the stress and other burdens often faced by litigants. His goal is to fiercely defend their interests in order to obtain timely and commercial results so that they can get back to doing what they do best.
When not in the office, Brodie plays touch football, enjoys watching sport, including Formula 1, and likes travelling to ski in Canada.
Recent matter involvement
- Acted for large national hire company and its guarantors in District Court proceedings concerning a commercial lease dispute which was successfully mediated, resulting in a commercial and practical outcome for the hire company.
- Obtained an urgent interlocutory injunction on three hours’ notice in the District Court for the freezing of funds in excess of $180,000.00 which otherwise might have been dissipated or wasted to the detriment of the client.
- Acted for the Plaintiff in Supreme Court proceedings for equitable relief, including quantum meruit for works performed without remuneration.
Qualifications and Memberships
- Bachelor of Laws
- Solicitor of the Supreme Court of Queensland
- Solicitor of the High Court of Australia
- Member of the Queensland Law Society
- Member of the Commercial Law Association of Australia