Our Brisbane and Gold Coast commercial litigation team are experienced in all aspects of Supply & Trading Terms.
Our construction law specialists work with advisors and entities in the building and construction industry to ensure that they are protecting their clients’ rights as much as possible.
This can be done in the following ways:
- Ensuring that supply terms are tight, and that there is valid protection and security for the company regarding debts;
- Registration of security interests on the Personal Property Securities Register (“PPSR”) to secure the position of retention of title, and other security interests (please note that a registration on the PPSR also avoids the clawing back of the liquidator of an unfair preference);
- Obtaining personal guarantees to increase the level of security under a building contract;
- Proactively and rigorously recovering debt that is outside of terms;
- Having significant consideration in relation to whether to proceed with a contract or a project whereby there may be some question about whether or not you will be paid; and
- Having an overall general awareness of the volatility and risk that is currently in the Queensland building and construction market.
We can prepare tailored trading and supply terms for your business and explain to you how to implement best business practice to ensure you are paid within terms and that you are otherwise secured and in the best possible position to recover any bad debts.
Our Lawyers specialising in Building, Construction & Infrastructure
Get started today
Meet with our team of experienced litigation lawyers on the Gold Coast or in Brisbane to gain clarity and guidance on your next steps.
Book your obligation free consultation today.